Da Greasy Guide: Chocolate City

What's happening in the DC/Maryland Area.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Katrina Charity Event

Trivia Night-Katrina Charity Event-Crystal City Sports Pub

This Tuesday Night (8:30 pm), we'll be running our usual trivia at the Crystal City Sports Pub (http://www.crystalcitysportspub.com/), but I will also be collecting money to donate to the Red Cross for victims of Hurricane Katrina. I think we've all seen how bad this has gotten with not only the storm itself, but it's after affects as well. I will be donating my nightly fee that I get for running trivia to the Red Cross. I urge people to donate what they can. Even five dollars can make a difference in our fellow Americans’ lives.

I will be putting out a jar on Tuesday for anyone who wants to donate money. I'll take the money we collect and write a check to the Red Cross. Feel free to bring checks made out to the Red Cross which I can mail along with mine.

If anyone else has any other ideas let me know. I was thinking we could do a raffle or silent auction (or with our crowd, a not so silent auction.) Perhaps someone who works for a store, restaurant, massage place etc... can donate something nice like a gift certificate. I was thinking I could raffle off a guaranteed table for the following week’s trivia or even the question of the week for one team only. Perhaps we can get the bar to raffle off gift certificates etc…

Please email me with any ideas or leads. Or if you have any questions, please let me know.

Also, please let you friends know about the event. The more people we can get to attend, the more money we can hopefully raise.

If you can't make it to trivia this Tuesday at the Crystal City Sports Pub, please check out the link below for the Red Cross and other agencies:

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/citizenship/giving/agencies.asp

http://www.redcross.org/

Also-here is this week’s question of the week which, if answered correctly, will garner you 8 points for your team:

(ANIMALS) Which animal has the highest blood pressure of any mammal – the Giraffe, the Great Northern Crane, the Yak, or the Killer Whale?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home